Sunday, November 14, 2010

3. Dress

1. Photographer
2. Venue
3. Dress

These were the 3 most important things to me when it came to planning our wedding. I'm sure Rudy doesn't quite agree with me here. His list is probably more 1. Music 2. Alcohol 3. Honeymoon. ;)

After booking our fabulous coordinator (which has proven to be my best decision yet!), I booked our amazing photographer and then I booked our awesome venue (which I'll post about soon). But when it came to the dress, man...I was crazy nervous to go shopping. I was terrified that I wouldn't like how anything looked on me. I'm not the most confident person in the world, especially when it comes to my body and on your wedding day, you're supposed to feel great about yourself. So, I was scared.

Luckily, I took an amazing support group with me when I went shopping in July. When the size 2 sample didn't fit...it was okay! I still had two sweet sisters, my wonderful mama and my wookie (best friend Autumn) to help me see what I would look like with the dress in my size...and to remind me that pretty isn't only a size 2.

First, forgive my hair. Trying on a ton of wedding dresses kind of gave me a workout and I wasn't concerned with how my hair looked in these photos. :) Second, this isn't my dress. But, it was a VERY close second! If my budget allowed both my dress and this dress, I would have purchased it in a heartbeat. This second place dress was definitely me and absolutely fit our venue and theme.

However, this dress just didn't quite make me feel as pretty as the dress I did choose. There is something about my dress that just felt...perfect. :) I think it's a dress that Rudy will love and understand as well.

So, overall, my dress shopping experience was a great success and I couldn't be more happy about my top 3 wedding choices!

1 comment:

  1. This dress is super cute on you, Tricia. So if this is dress #2, I can't wait to see you in dress #1. I'm sure you look stunning in it. :-)

    ReplyDelete