Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Swimming Pool

So, my sister has this friend. This friend has a dog named Max. Max is a super sweet and sensitive German Shepherd. Sometimes my sister house-sits for her friend. I've taken both Pepper and Dusty over there on different occasions for a play date with Max. Dusty didn't have the best time...he prefers to play with people. Pepper had a blast on her first play date though.

Recently this friend put a pool in the backyard. I was SO excited! Probably more excited than they were! Because I was willing to bet since they had Max, that they would be willing to let Pepper come over and play and swim in their pool the next time my sister was house-sitting. I was right!

This morning, Pepper and I went to our play date with Max and the pool. First of all, Pepper was a big ol' brat. She totally picked on Max and stole the ball from him. She's lost play date privileges until after traning #3 which we're scheduling soon. Other than that though, she was a TOTAL CHICKEN with the pool! The pool had a few levels and she would get in the water on the step level, but she only actually got into the deeper area a couple times (with some "encouragement" from me). When she was in the deeper area where she had to swim, she would swim to the edge and then get stuck because she couldn't pull herself out.

I think with some more practice (after she learns to be a more polite friend), she will figure it out.

Oh, Pepper...

No comments:

Post a Comment